The Fix

After the (kind of) successful fix on the Torque using graphite impregnated cloth, and some guiding comments I was inspired to try a more suitable solution.

Graphite Cloth

Rather than using a material with a built-in lubricant, I chose to use a slice of a thin plastic chopping board as a ‘washer’ between the two aluminium surfaces.

I don’t have a photo of it in place, but this is the remaining piece of the chopping board I used.  As you can see – very thin.  It has been working out perfectly – the tools angle easily, but without any tendency to slip.

Thin Chopping Board

The shadow (fwiw) is the top of Jessica’s trampoline – some reason I didn’t notice it when taking the photo!

A Torque Workcentre BEFORE I start modifying!

%d bloggers like this: